cutest

Friday, July 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday (a day late)

Thankful Thursday ( a day late)

I have seen several bloggers have themed days of the week - Thankful Thursdays are one of those themed days and I thought what a beautiful idea to dedicate a day to post things we are thankful for especially on days like today.

Today was kind of a rough day for Travis and I. A situation occurred with the "poli" here that was an unpleasant one for Travis. Also, I personally, have just been kind of down lately. I am so so excited that we will be returning to the United States in less than four weeks and I am EXTREMELY excited about the upcoming birth of our baby boy. I am just struggling because while I am in the "nesting" time period of my pregnancy there is nothing for me to "nest" with! Since we are having the baby in the United States ( by our decision) we are having to wait until the last minute ( I believe a month out is last minute - Travis does not. This is why we are married - I need a little calm down and he needs a little shove) to get prepared for him. Those of you who are close enough to me to know my personality know that this does not fly on my time schedule. I am trying to be still in Him but sometimes it is difficult.

I think today is an especially good day for me to express several reasons I am thankful to the Lord. So often, I get caught up in the things I am struggling with or the things I think I am "lacking" in my life. God has been so good to me and by telling others the ways it helps remind me of His goodness.

There are so many things I am thankful for today that the Lord has blessed me (us) with. I would like to name a few. . . .

I am so thankful for my salvation . . .
I am so thankful that my Lord and Savior died on a cross for ME! To forgive MY sins! It still blows me away!

I am so thankful for our time on the field . . .
The past two years as we have first been in training in Richmond, in language school in Costa Rica, and then in service in Mexico have been some of the most difficult yet the most rewarding two years of our lives. We have grown so much as individuals both spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. We have also grown closer together as a couple. I praise the Lord for giving us this amazing opportunity to teach us and grow us for Him.

I am so thankful for this man . . .
He is my tall, dark, and handsome: best friend, dearest love, encourager, motivator, spiritual leader, guardian angel, urban cowboy, prince charming, pedicurist, shoe tie -er, and biggest fan. I praise the Lord for giving him to me. I am so blessed.


and I could go on and on but last one for the day . . .



I am so thankful for this little man . . .

What a blessing from the Lord! Only about 8 more weeks until we get to meet him. We are so excited and just in complete awe of what the Lord has given us!


Wow! I feel better already. What are YOU thankful for today?

1 comment:

MillerMissions said...

Thanksful for good friends like you guys! So glad our paths have crossed :) We will be a Brainerd in November for a missions conference. Maybe we can meet This little guy and get some baby lovin' in. Hope to see you :)