cutest

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

. . . oh the small victories. . .

Today I went to the doctor - and the visit was completely in Spanish. However, I did what I had to do and switched my brain to Spanish. She talked. I understood. I talked. She understood. No stress. No confusion. No language barrier induced panic attacks. I left with a smile. I was proud.

. . . I am pretty sure the way I felt when I left the doctor's office today was much better than any chocolate or coffee induced euphoria I have ever encountered . . .

. . . oh yes, I did just say that . . . . .

3 comments:

Jenn M said...

That is amazing, Danielle! I would call that a HUGE victory!!

Unknown said...

I love this little story...and the part about chocolate says a lot for you :) It is so cool to hear that you are REALLY communicating. It seems like a Dr.'s visit would be a hard thing to understand! My little friend makes me proud!

Amber loves U! said...

wow! u go girl! God is working and making you grow and soak up this stuff!