Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
Isaiah 40:28
Whenever we were in the butterfly exhibit, I couldn't stop thinking about how these beautiful little creatures and their life cycle compares to our own lives as Christians.
When a butterfly is first created, it is nothing more than a plain old caterpillar. After an amount of time, the caterpillar sheds its skin and transforms into a beautiful butterfly. Our lives before Christ were very plain - not just plain - almost ugly. We lived life, we did as we could and we inched our way through little by little. With Christ, we undergo a complete transformation. Everything about our old life has passed away and we become beautiful and new creatures in Christ. 
Another exhibit that I just loved was this adorable little baby sloth that I affectionately named "Sammy." He was SO cute climbing all over his little cage - I was so sad he had to be in there. I tried to talk Travis into letting us take him home but I didn't succeed!
Travis and I "oooooeed" and "awwwweddd" over the beautiful colors of the different animals and the amazing beauty of the trees and waterfalls.
We couldn't stop talking about what an amazing God we have who created all this that we are able to enjoy.
2 comments:
Steven and I went hiking this weekend in Townsend and it was hard for us to believe people could see these waterfalls, and all the beauty and not know that there has to be a God who created all this for us. I'm glad you got to have some down time it looks and sounds wonderful. God is awesome! Oramos para ti todos los dias, Vaya con Dios! tia Valerie
aww look how cute it is! that sloth is even cuter than the one we saw. God makes amazing creatures and people too - you r one of them.
Post a Comment