cutest

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The little adventures



I was sitting in the den of our apartment while Danielle prepared supper. I smelled a little smoke and looked up to se that the entire kitchen behind Danielle was covered in smoke. I could see smoke billowing from the stove. I told Danielle and she turned and saw the problem. You see, our stove has little to no markings on the nobs or anything. No temperature markings, and not clear markings to distinguish between wich nob does what. Danielle had accidentally turned on the wrong burner and in doing so melted a plastic cooking spoon. The whole apartment filled with smoke. It was really quite funny. And If you are wondering about the horrible sound of the smoke detector, there aren't any, anywhere. Anyway, just wanted to share a little story of life in Costa Rica. In just a few short weeks we will be sending storied about life in Mexico.

2 comments:

Abbie Bateman said...

Hey guys this is Abbie Bateman. How are yall doing? Well I find this extremely funny. This is something I would do. Well I'm praying for you guys.

Amber, your pal 4ever said...

poor plastic spoon. ha ha j/k i've always wanted to try using a fire extinguisher just for fun. we do get to practice once a year at work, but it's on the fire dragon, not a real stove. i wish i could just learn how to turn the stove on! ha ha