cutest

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shrieks in the grocery store

Travis and I made a huge spectacule of ourselves a couple of days ago when traveling through the grocery store. As I was passing through the sour cream and butter, I happened upon cans of cinnamon rolls and biscuits. I began shrieking at Travis across the store who had began to go off in the opposite direction. He came running back to me and started shouting in amazment at the cinnamon rolls on the shelf. Then, he attempted to take ALL the cans off the shelf and put them into our basket. I had to explain to him that we couldn't possibly eat 10 cans of cinnamon rolls and 8 cans of biscuits before their expiration date one month from now. We were laughing, probably almost crying, as we held these amazing creations. We haven't seen such things in almost a year. I know that the people around us thought we were absolutely loco. A couple of white people in a grocery store full of Latinos creates enough of a commotion as it is but I am sure you can find cell phone videos on You-Tube of the crazy Gringos going nuts over a couple of cans of dough.
I promise we are not obsessed with food. It is just one of the instances where familiarity can breed comfort- sometimes a small taste of home can bring such joy, such comfort, and such shrieking in the grocery store.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow... That is hilarious! I can just see you two!!! I pray that things are going well other than your "recent discovery". Love you both :)

Arnett, Crystal, Zeke and Nema said...

Hey!! Those are wal-mart brand, do you have a wal-mart there?? We can relate to your excitment!! I do the same thing when we find something like that in our grocery store!! Hope all is well!!

Crystal

Rachel Norris Ryan said...

Awesome, and their the Walmart brand!