cutest

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mi casa es su casa

I always thought that the saying "Mi casa es su casa" was just some kind of joke saying. However, we have found that the people here in Mexico are so warm and friendly and have been told this several times upon visiting someone's home. I hope I can develop the same kind of selfless spirit they have in being so warm and welcoming to people who are in many ways complete strangers to them. I just thought that was such a neat thing I wanted to share.

We have been up to a lot the past week - visiting a local University group, homeless ministry, visiting a new church, time with new friends, trying to "recruit" teams, meeting new local pastor's, and getting over a bizarre flu like bug.

Tomorrow we have plans to meet with a local pastor we will be working with on a mission project in the near future and Friday we are planning on attending a college event with a local Christian college group.

Prayer Requests:

- We will continue to get over our "sickness."
- God would continue to bring us national partners and friends that we can work with to spread his love in Mexico City.
- I will be able to build relationships with the ladies in our apartment building and Travis with the men.
- God will provide groups to fill our many open spaces for next year.
- The three teams we have coming in October.

Praises:
- New national friends!
- Travis is working hard and doing well in his seminary class - I am so proud of him!
- New possible national contacts

Hasta luego!

1 comment:

amber said...

Just want u to know we r so proud of u and praise God for how He's using u. Thanks for being such an awesome example for us. We think of u often and r praying for u. Enjoyed this post and will pray for yur requests. Get well soon. that flu stuff is going around here too like wild fire