Dear friends,
As I am sitting on my couch this morning worshipping the Lord through praise music and preparing to have my quiet time, my heart is so full of so many things that I felt I needed to put up a quick post before we get ready to head out for the day.
We have had so much going on this week. We visited the homeless ministry and I saw the little sweet baby and her family that I was able to cuddle last week. We were also able to go visit a site that we are taking a team in October to do a mission project ( I will post pictures later). We are so excited about this team coming - from our home church, Brainerd Baptist - and cannot WAIT to see how the Lord is going to work!
I made chocolate chip cookies last night to deliver to my neighbors this afternoon with an invitation for the ladies of the apartments to come to my home for a get together Sunday night. My intention is to get to know each of them better and to also see if anyone would be interested in having a Bible Study with me. I am a little scared - okay a lot scared. Please pray for me as I seek to timidly step out and build a relationship with these ladies. Pray that I would be bold and courageous and that they would accept me. There is two - fold purpose in this plan of mine. One part is that I might share the gospel with my neighbors. Part two is that I might make FRIENDS! It can be very lonely being the only one of your "kind" in a country where you basically know no one. My wording sounds like we are a couple of aliens who just landed in from another planet but some days that is how we feel!
Also pray for Travis and I and our team member David as we go to the North of the city to look at some of the recent flooding damage to see how we might can help minister to those people in that part of the city. There is so much need in this city and we are praying for the Holy Spirit to lead our team to where and how we can best serve.
Hasta luego friends,
Danielle
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment