cutest

Monday, March 2, 2009

Please pray . . . .

Last Wednesday night, I was extremely discouraged. My accountability partner (Rebekah) and I had gone that day to speak to a woman about beginning a Bible Study with her and it hadn't worked out. I felt somewhat useless and as if God had sent us down to Costa Rica to be litle more than children as we struggled to speak a language foreign to our English ears. Rebekah and I had both been praying for ways to serve and we thought that the lady we had gone to speak with was how God was going to use us. Wednesday night, I cried out to the Father in a rather pitied tone and Thursday morning received a very unexpected reply.

To make a very long story short, Rebekah, her husband, and her son were playing in the park on Wednesday afternoon when a lady, named Ruth, walked up to them and began talking with Rebecca voicing some concerns she had about American missionaries she had seen. Rebekah was able to share some of her Biblical beliefs with Ruth and Ruth shared with Rebekah that she comes from a Catholic/Hindi background and doesn't really know what she believes about the Bible. However, she was very interested in hearing more about what Rebekah had to say.

Rebekah asked Thurdsday morning if I would go with her to speak to Ruth. Tomorrow, we are going to meet with her and her friend in hopes of sharing the gospel with them. Our plan is to each share our testimonies in Spanish and if the opportunity arises - the Roman Road.

Please pray for us tomorrow at 2:00.
Pray that the Spanish Rebekah and I will speak will be clear.
Pray that God would give us the exact words to say and that these ladies hearts and ears will be open to listen.

I will give you an update!

Dios lo Bendiga!

Daniela

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Travis and Danielle,
I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your blog and have received a blessing from each entry. I am praying that you will easily communicate God's message to the people you come in contact with and that they will have open hearts to His word. May God use you both in a way that you could never imagine.
Susan Ledbetter