Thank you all so much for your prayers for my Christmas Gathering I hosted last night. Let me just tell you, God is SO good. I was hoping that maybe 3 or 4 ladies would come and we had 7 not including me and another missionary friend! We had so much fun eating together, talking together, laughing together, playing games together, and my friend Jessica presented the gospel and what Christmas means to her. While no one prayed to receive Christ last night, she presented a powerful message and the Bible says that its words will not return void. I was looking for an open door to get together with this group again and the ladies actually brought up to me about having an English class in my apartment! I said okay, how about once a month and they said no, once a week! This is going to be a real challenge for me because we are often out of our part of town and busy with teams but God is so good in that He has provided this opportunity to meet with these ladies weekly. I am praying that through these English classes I will be able to further share with them the gospel and God's love.
Although sometimes times are tough, we are reminded again and again that we are exactly where God wants us to be for this season of our life. We thank you so much for your prayers dear friends and ask that you continue to lift us up to the Father as we are working here in Mexico. For me - as I am trying to juggle our groups and reach out the ladies in my apartment building and for Travis as he is juggling school, the groups, and is trying to find ways to reach out and build relationships with the men.
Thank you again dear friends and May God bless,
Danielle
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We're proud of you for reaching out to the ladies in your apartment building. We're excited to see how God uses this group in the future.
what an exciting result of your Christmas gathering. i can't wait to see how God uses you in the lives of these women. praying for you daily!
Post a Comment