Thank you so much for all of you who prayed for me this past Thursday as I led my first Bible Study completely in Spanish. I don't think I have talked about this on the blog before but each Monday Travis goes to a halfway house for men with drug and alcohol addictions and helps with a Bible Study there and every Thursday I go to a halfway house for women with the same addictions and help with a Bible Study. This Thursday was my first day to lead the Bible Study all by myself!
Obviously, the Lord wanted to work on Thursday because Satan tried so hard to attack all the ladies who lead the Bible Study. Right before the time to meet for the Bible Study, it began to pour buckets of rain. All of us ladies had to each walk about 10 or 15 minutes to the bus stop which made it difficult for us to want to leave the house. I was in tears right before just because I was tired and so discouraged after already having a very long week and not sleeping well for several nights before. Also, two of the ladies were approached by an armed robber on their way to meet the rest of us. Thankfully, the ladies only had bus money and so the robber ran away but they were still very discouraged and shaken. However, they did not let this deter them from the Lord's work and still came to the study. I spent time telling the ladies about Jesus from the book of John. We talked about how Jesus is God's son, the savior of the world and the only way to eternal life. I believe that the ladies understood what I was saying and I understood what they were saying. Hopefully, seeds were planted in some of their hearts to know more about Christ.
We praise the Lord this week that he is giving us more and more opportunities to practice our Spanish and tell others about Him. A couple Sundays ago, a lady passed me a note in church to ask if I would be interested in helping her with her English and in exchange she would help me with my Spanish. Praise the Lord - I had been praying to God and asking for a language helper and he provided! I was able to meet with this sweet lady last week and we had a wonderful time together!
Also, we were able to meet a couple that has been living here in Costa Rica for the past several months while the husband attended graduate school at the University of Costa Rica but they are originally from Mexico City. We were able to have them over to our home this weekend to play games and eat lunch and we had a wonderful time. They are moving back to Mexico City next week. We are so excited because we have our first friends in Mexico City and we haven't even been there yet!
Please pray for us as we continue to study Spanish and as we are counting down the days until we arrive in Mexico City! Only 8 weeks left and counting ! ! ! !
Dios los bendiga!
Travis y Daniela
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Travis and Danielle,
Happened on this blog and wanted you to know that you are both in our prayers. God is preparing you for an amazing journey. Please keep us posted of any needs you may have. God Bless.
Darlene Glenn
Danielle,
Wow, that is amazing that you led your first Bible study in Spanish! I am so happy for you guys and glad that God is using you and Travis in a very special way. We miss you!!
~Barbie
Travis and Danielle!!!! Hope yall are doin great! Im prayin for yall!!!! Take care and God bless.
Hey Travis and Danielle! How cool that you've both had the chance to lead or help with Bible studies in Spanish! How has language study been? We are really enjoying Mexico and just moved to Tuxtla Gutierrez which will be our home for the rest of our time here. We can't wait to see you all again, when do you get to the D.F. (mexico city)?
Post a Comment