Travis has a new favorite story of the week and so I thought I would share it with you . . .
Saturday morning, we awoke and when we got ready to take showers realized that the water "se fue." We had plans to go downtown for the day but with no water, we didn't want to go out stinky. So, we hung around the house for a while and just relaxed. That evening, we had plans to go to dinner with friends. Our friends had already found a babysitter for their son and we were so excited about getting to spend some time with them but as it was getting closer and closer to time for us to go out we still had no water and there seemed to be no evidence of it coming back any time soon. We wanted to go but didn't want to go smelly so I decided to take a "bucket shower" in our bathroom. We have a five gallon jug that we use for drinking water. So, I had Travis repeatedly fill up a pitcher so I could pour ice cold water over me as I lathered and rinsed. After taking my ice cold "bucket shower," I was happy to be clean and began to finish preparations to go out and to be the "water runner" for Travis as he took his "shower." A few minutes later, I heard what sounded like running water next door. I ran to the faucet and there was water! Right after I had finished my "shower" and was beginning to blow dry my hair. Since the incident, Travis has said over and over: "Remember that time you took a shower with the bucket and then the water came on? I like that story . . . . "
Prayer requests for the week:
- Danielle is leading her first ever Bible study ( to hispanics ) in Spanish on Thursday. Please pray that God would give her the words to say.
- That our visas come in right on time so we can head to Mexico!
- Travis and his Monday Bible Study
- Continuous growth in language study
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment