cutest

Friday, May 1, 2009

. . . wrapping things up . . . .

Last Friday was graduation at school. It was a sad time - we had to say goodbye to some friends we had made but it was also a happy time because it made us realize how quickly time has passed since we have been in Costa Rica and that shortly we will be in our home in Mexico.

Right after graduation, we had a wonderful visit with Travis' parents. We went to the beach and were able to relax and spend some time fellowshipping with one another.
Wednesday was Travis' 28th birthday and we celebrated at our Tico Mom's home with a homemade chocolate cake that she made especially for him! I felt so blessed as I looked across the table and realized that I was able to celebrate another wonderful year of life for the amazing and godly man who has captured my heart.
Friday, Travis left to go with some other missionaries on a mission trip out in the "jungle." I use parenthesis because I don't exactly know what to call where they are - "boonies" might be more appropriate. Anyway, he is gone on a mission trip. Please pray for him in the next couple of days as he works to share the gospel with those who do not know Jesus.
We will give an update of Travis' trip when he returns! Until then . . . .

1 comment:

MillerMissions said...

So glad that you guys had a good week and great celebration for Travis' bday.

We miss you and love you! Enjoy your special time resting in the Lord until Travis returns home.

Much love.