Well, Danielle and I were walking to school for a play that the kids were doing on Saturday night. As we came down the hill from our house we saw Peter. I was excited to see him. We hadn't seen him since I wrote the last blog. Anyway, we were walking the direction that he was in but he still crossed the steet to meet us. He asked us how we were and if anyone had tried to bother us. And then here it came, he asked for money. I was crushed. I had thought that there was a chance to really build this retlationship into something. But with that one question it was revealed to me what his intentions were. I know that God can still use this relationship and I pray that we still have opportunities to talk to Peter. But as we walked off we talked about how we felt that this was all a plan. We felt like that he had been talking to us to befriend us for this very purpose. Just pray for us that God will still use this "relationship" for His glory. Thank you all so much for the prayers that you have already voiced for Peter.
Travis
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This also sounds like it was a great Spanish language practicing session!!! Im sorry that his motive for initiating conversatiion was money, but God can use anything!!! Love yall
Acts 3: 6 Peter said "I don't have any silver or gold for you. But I'll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ ..."
I wonder if your Peter asked for money because he didn't know what he really needed? Could it be that God brought him in your life so you and Travis can show him what he really needs?
I read your blog all the time and love it. I pray for you two early every morning... God bless you and fill you with His joy.
Linda Cagle
Post a Comment