An honest question I have for the Lord today: "Why when we try to follow God's call do bad things happen to us?"
Granted we know the answer but it is still very hard to deal with.
This afternoon on our way home from school, in broad daylight, two young men got out of a taxi and approached us with a gun. They demanded our backpacks and any cell phones ( we had none) then, they took off with our belongings. Thankfully, we didn't have our computers or check cards in our bags. The only things our "robbers" got were our schoolbooks, notebooks, digital voice recorders, Bi-Lengual Bibles, dictionaries, my planner, and my favorite pair of red shoes ( this is extremely ironic because these shoes were in the truck when it was stolen and were recovered when they found the truck, so they have been stolen from us twice now).
Please pray for us this week - this was an extremely difficult event for us. We still do not have internet or a phone and to know now that we are not even safe in broad daylight is tough. Please pray that we will have strength. Honestly, I was ready to pack up and go home today. However, I know that God called us to this place and He is going to provide us with the strength to carry on.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
My dearest Danielle y Travis,
I am so sorry this happened to you. Satan is after you, but you have a God who is much stronger and He will sustain you.
Ephesians 6:10-13
"Be strong in the Lord, & His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that u can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh & blood but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world & against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God so that when the day of evil comes, u may be able to stand your ground, & after u have done everything to stand...."
There is a reason they got your Bibles. I'm praying you will be able to rest & have peace after such a traumatic event.
We love you
P.S.
I know u already had the armor of God on you, but just hang in there. God is going to use you for great things; He already is.
I have to say when I heard about what happened today I was ready for you to come home too. God is in control and I love the fact that your bi-lingual Bible was taken. If it had been an English Bible then maybe they would not even know what it was. Only God knows whose hands your Bible will end up in. Hopefully, something good will come from this. I pray that you both will be able to rest after this. Stay strong, you know that God has you there right now for Him. I love you both and I am so grateful you are safe tonight.
P.S. Danielle, I cannot believe those shoes were stolen again. Let me know if you want us to send you some of your shoes.
Sorry to hear that. We've all been praying day and night for you all
We are praying for you right now, and we will continue to do so! May God's peace surround you. I am confident of this, He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it (Phil 1:6)You are loved,
Jané & Patrick
The moment I found out that you had been robbed I started praying that you would find peace- the kind that only God can provide. We are also praying for your safety and that you will grow stronger from this incident. Hang in there aunt Valerie- I need to make an account
Post a Comment