cutest

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We aren't in Kansas anymore . . .

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. Perserverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. " James 1:2 -4

Sunday, we went to the Primera Iglesia Baptista de Desemperados. We had heard about the church and wanted to try it out. It was a little far from our home (about an hours walk) but it was exactly what we needed. The worship service was full of praise songs to the Father. The Lord directed us specifically to that church on that day because the message preached spoke right to our hearts. The pastor spoke from James 1 and gave examples in his own life of difficult circumstances. He told us he has asked God the very same questions we asked God over and over again this week: Why God? Whose side are you on anyway?


These questions have been running through my brain for the past couple of days.

This morning, I got up and prayed for the Lord to give me strength to face the day ahead whatever the circumstances. I decided that today was HIS day and I was going to give it to Him and let Him take care of my fear and anxiety.
Around 11:00 this morning, someone at our school came to find us. An individual had called the school looking for us because they had found my backpack dumped in a park trash can on the opposite end of town, very far away from where we live. This individual met us outside the national theater and returned to me the stolen backpack. The only things missing from it were my voice recorder and a little bit of cash. My bible, all my books and things, and MY RED SHOES were inside it - these were the same shoes that were recovered from the stolen truck! One thing you have to understand is that San Jose is a large city. Two million people live here and one person found my backpack and returned it to me. Praise the Lord for He is our sustainer!!!
We praise the Lord this week because He is in control of all things.

One things I have learned - We aren't in Kansas anymore, my friend. We are in God's territory and He controls the ruby slippers!



4 comments:

dayna said...

I'm so glad you got your stuff back! Praise God! Hope you had a Happy Anniversary! We are praying for you and love and miss you!

Love you both,
Dayna,Bill and Shannon

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, it's me Trina, Carrie's friend. I want you to know I've cried nonstop for 30min now:-) I can feel your surrender, dedication and the power of The Almighty God over your lives. Thx for allowing me to go on this journey with you.
Faithfully praying for you guys!!
Trina
P.S.plz tell Travis hello for Destiny:-)

Denton party of 5 said...

once again you are speaking the words in my heart. there has been a lot going on in our lives which is why i haven't blogged in almost three weeks. thank you for sharing this struggle, it has really touched my heart in a healing way. i am so thankful we decided to follow your journey in missions.

ps - i am so thankful your bags were returned!

Unknown said...

All I have to say is that you will be the girliest girl I know till the day we die... and that is one of the COUNTLESS reasons I LOVE YOU!