cutest

Friday, March 5, 2010

I never imagined

I never imagined you could love a person so much that you had never even met. I never thought seeing our little bit squirm and kick around on a black and white ultrasound screen would bring tears to my eyes. I never dreamed my heart would fiercely long to protect this little one all the days of his or her life and would already have so many things running through my mind that I want to teach this precious gift about life so that he or she can stay away from hurt and harm. I never fathomed that seeing my husband’s eyes light up and a smile cover his face when he talks about this baby would make me fall even deeper in love with him than I already am. I never imagined I would already be so fiercely protective, so utterly captivated, and so head over heels in love with someone I have never touched or seen other than on a camera – but I am.
Today, we went to the doctor and saw our little one jump and squirm all over the ultrasound screen. We heard the beautiful heartbeat – saw a mouth open and close and little legs kick up and down. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen and I haven’t even held him or her in my arms yet.
We still have a long way to go before we meet this baby face to face but I already can better understand a parent’s love for their child and more specifically the Father’s love for us. Already thinking about the things I want to tell my children, how I want to save them from doing things that will cause them harm – it puts into so much better perspective of my parents love for me, the discipline I received throughout the years and the pain in their eyes when I disobeyed. I can see my heavenly Father and understand His hurt over our sin that He knows can only bring us harm and the amazingly great sacrifice He gave in His Son to give us freedom from that sin. I never before could imagine – thank you, Lord for this precious, amazing gift and responsibility.



1 comment:

Amber said...

That is too precious! totally sweet. I can't wait to see you!