Well, Happy Valentine’s to all and we hope the past couple weeks have been good for you. We must admit we have been struggling just a bit here lately. I have been missing home like crazy and the fact that I am pregnant and tired and cranky doesn’t help one bit. I have been bemoaning so many things from the fact that I miss my wonderfully comfortable pillow top mattress that currently resides in the United States to the feelings of being so inadequate in the ministry that we are doing here or that specifically I am trying to accomplish with the ladies in our apartment building. As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1 I do not feel as if I have been living my life in a way that would honor the calling Christ has placed upon it – to have constant feelings of self pity and inadequacy and the desire to reside solely in my home were not what He called us here for. I even find myself many days struggling to LOVE the people He has called us to minister to as if in some way the fact that I don’t get to sleep on my precious mattress is somehow their fault. Please pray for us as we are currently struggling with these feelings of homesickness and self pity.
In ministry news - We have a lot going on this week – I have another English class tonight and then tomorrow we are showing “Facing the Giants” at UNAM (a university here in D.F.). Friday we have meetings, a baby/wedding shower, and Saturday another group is coming to work with us.
In prayer news – our calendar is almost officially FULL with teams for the end of our term. We have prayed and God has provided! We have one more date in May that is not yet filled and we are praying for God to provide just the right group to come partner with us.
In baby news - I am officially at eleven weeks now – only 2 more weeks to go and we will arrive into the second trimester. The nausea seems to be gradually letting up a little and I am SO happy about this and the fact that the baby is healthy and right on track.
We are excited about all God is doing in our lives but ask for your prayers now more than ever as we struggle to stay afloat as we see the end of our time in Mexico ahead. We have many prayer requests that I have listed below. We appreciate so much your prayers and support and ask that you continue to pray for us in the months ahead as we are about to experience some wonderful but rather momentous changes in our lives.
Current Prayer Requests
- Pray for the team that is coming to work with us this Saturday - Eastland Hills Baptist Church in Choctaw, OK
- Pray for the health of the baby
- Pray that I will SLEEP. I am so tired and for whatever reason lately (they say it is due to the pregnancy) cannot sleep at night.
- Pray that I will have strength to keep up during the weeks we have teams
- Pray that God will give us direction in where and what capacity He wants us to serve when we return to the States in October and that He will provide in His timing all needs we have
- Pray for Travis as he is working hard to keep up with his seminary studies while handling teams and ministry work
- Pray that we will press on and not look too far ahead to home but that while we are living and serving in Mexico we will continue to “BE” in Mexico – body, mind, and spirit.
Blessings and love to all,
Travis, Danielle, and Baby
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i remember well my first pregnancy away from home, it was very difficult and we were atleast in the same country as our families! we will continue to pray for you both that you will be free to commit all of yourselves to your ministry there for as long as God keeps you there.
i am so excited that your calendar has filled up as well. what an awesome blessing! we will pray for each group that comes, that they may be ministered to in their serving others and that they will touch the lives of the people you are trying to reach.
We are praying for you guys and stay strong. The past few weeks have been cloudy and wet weather so it makes it hard to get excited and get your day going.
We'll see you soon.
Nathan and Amber
Post a Comment