cutest

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Month Full . . . .

To start at the beginning of the month . . . on January 2nd, we completed our one year anniversary of being on the field - wow how time flies! It was also this month that we discovered we will be bringing home an extra little person with us when we move back to the States in Octoer - that's right - we are going to have a baby! God has blessed us so tremendously and we just cannot thank Him enough!

Our three year anniversary was Wednesday, January 20th. Our original plan had been to go to dinner and a movie for an anniversary date. However, I was so sick with morning sickness ( ALL DAY LONG!) that we ended up at the doctors office because we were afraid I was getting too dehydrated. It ended up being such a precious suprise and blessing when we were able to hear the heartbeat and see our precious gift on the monitor for the very first time. Talk about an anniversary we will never forget!

Our little one is due to arrive around the 13th of September which means we will be traveling home in October with a one month old.

We cannot believe how God has poured out His blessing upon us and can't wait to see what the future holds. Please pray for us and for our next 8 months on the field. We are so excited about this baby but at the same time it is so difficult to be away from family and familiar things. Please pray for the health of the baby and for me to have strength and stamina to continue to work hard in the months ahead. Also please begin to pray now for our future in the United States. As of right now we have no IDEA where God is leading and when there were just two of us it didn't seem like nearly as big of a deal to have no plan but now that there are three it makes the waiting so much harder. I would LOVE to be close to family in the future. However, God has the plan. Please pray for us as we wait and pray and seek the Lord and as we work to become parents that raise our children to follow Christ.

Two more things. . . . I am officially beginning an English class for the ladies in my neighborhood this Wednesday. I do not know anything about teaching much less teaching English. Please pray that God will guide and direct me and that He will give me opportunities to turn this class into a time to talk about Him as well.

Also, please pray for Travis as he begins two more seminary classes this week. It is tough to keep up with that and all we have going on.

Hasta Luego!

Danielle

3 comments:

Niki said...

Congrats Danielle and Travis! I am so excited for both of you and will be praying for you and your precious baby. I will also be praying for you concerning where God will plant your family once you return to the US. I know that He has great things in store for you. Something that helps me keep morning sickness at bay is sour stuff and citrus stuff.... I am sure you'll get lots of advice though-- and that's not my intention. Just know I will keep you in my prayers and I am looking forward to seeing all God does in and through you!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for both of you and I am glad everyone knows now. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. God has a wonderful plan for you and the waiting is the hard part. The morning sickness and the tiredness should get better. YOU will do great as a teacher-these ladies are eager to learn and God will guide you. Hang in there. Love, aunt Valerie

Denton party of 5 said...

I am so excited for you two and the blessing of a new life. After having three very different pregnancies, all of them away from family due to Roy's ministry, I will keep you in my prayers. I can't wait to meet your new addition. And I am so excited to hear about your new English class. I will pray that God will continue to equip you to do what He has called you to do. Love you guys both and will be praying that God will reveal, in His timing, what your future holds and pray that you will have patience and peace in the meantime.