Small victories for myself this week - I have now made several journey's by car around town all on my lonesome. I have now successfully made it by myself to school and back several times, to Walmart and back several times, and to Sam's and back several times. Today, I felt that I made a tremendous victory in my driving endeavors. I decided I was going to go out during lunch hour traffic and make my way to a craft store similar ( but not really ) to Michael's. I just wanted to check it out and see what they had ( fake flowers and beads - nothing terribly exciting.) Anyway, off the side of a busy street, I began to pull into the parking garage for the store ( very common here).
As I was about to pull in, I noticed that there was no way that my giant twelve passenger van was going to make it into this garage without completely scraping the top. So, I backed out and pulled back out into crazy traffic and made my way to another parking garage, got my ticket, walked down the road, went inside, returned, payed for my ticket, attempted to leave the parking garage, got stuck in the "Salir" line when a lady apparently didn't know you had to pay BEFORE leaving, had to back my big van up in a long line of traffic, left the lot, and began another adventure on the way to Sam's. I wish you could see the traffic here and the way the roads are set up and then you would understand why this is a huge deal. Thankfully, I am somewhat getting accustomed. I can now play the game - "Blinker? What's that?!" " Red light?Oh, optional." "Taking one turn lane and making it into 6- normal." I have included a picture for your viewing pleasure today - this is just a mere sample of this mornings traffic on the way to our job site. You can't tell a whole lot but one day I am going to take video - until then, enjoy.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Victories oh, Victories
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment