Did someone say Monopoly?! Our group LOVED Monopoly and Travis and Tim especially made it their goal to play minimum twice a weekened. Last Monday night was Monopoly night at the "party quad." Talk about sweet times of fellowship!
Wednesday was the end. Our training time here at the ILC is now complete. Thursday was our commissioning service. Friends and family came to support us and now we are headed off to visit our loved ones before leaving for the field. I must say, I never expected it; but, Thursday was very bittersweet. 

It was hard to say goodbye. Yet, the future is bright ahead. We know God has a plan for us to serve Him in Mexico City and these past eight weeks were just a step in the journey we are making. We thank all of you who give to the cooperative program to support this place where we receive such wonderful training and were able to build such wonderful relationships.
I was certain when we arrived at FPO that by the time our eight weeks were complete, we would be more than ready to leave. However, I found myself wishing that our time could continue in some ways. I will miss the shelter of this place and knowing that we are in the constant fellowship of believers. I will miss the daily dynamic teaching of God’s Word. I will miss watching Brother Elbert as he humbly lifts his hands in praise to the Lord. I will miss the camaraderie of the group as we prayed, laughed, cried, and praised our Lord all together with the unity of the body of Christ. However, I think most of all, I will miss the close relationships I have formed here with other brothers and sisters in Christ.
Here is a picture of our MAC ladies after commissioning looking very lovely in their dress clothes . . . and the gentlemen in their "James Bond" suits!
Here is a picture of our MAC ladies after commissioning looking very lovely in their dress clothes . . . and the gentlemen in their "James Bond" suits!
It was hard to say goodbye. Yet, the future is bright ahead. We know God has a plan for us to serve Him in Mexico City and these past eight weeks were just a step in the journey we are making. We thank all of you who give to the cooperative program to support this place where we receive such wonderful training and were able to build such wonderful relationships.
Please pray this week for all the newly commissioned "sent out ones." Ask that God would put a hedge of protection around us as we leave to serve Him around the Globe.
3 comments:
we will definitely keep you guys in our prayers as you head out. we can't wait to hear about your new adventures! the kids and i read them together (right now i print them and read them aloud so i can edit as needed). the older two enjoy hearing about what you guys are up to and they pray for you guys as often as they remember (which is usually the night i read a blog update). i am so glad you are getting to spend the holidays with family. i hope you have a very merry christmas!
Wow Travis in a suit in this pic and a shirt and tie today at church, what's up with that? Did becoming a missionary give him some style?
love the fpo footage
were leaving the nooga wed!
Post a Comment